- All players start behind the restraining line, with coaches having all of the balls contained in a ball bag/bucket (40-50 balls minimum for large groups).
- *Variation #1A (3 min): "Group Timed." The coach throws all of the balls into one end of the floor and on the whistle players are instructed to run, scoop up all of the loose balls, and run them back to the coach (placing them in the ball bag), in as little time as possible (stop watch required). Have players participate in the drill twice, in an attempt to beat their previous group time.
- *Variation #1B (5 min): "Full-Floor." This drill could also be done from one end to the other (full-floor), as another variation. Keep track of the shortest time, for either variation, throughout the course of the season.
- *Variation #2 (5 min): "Team Competition." Same as the above variation except the balls are placed into two or more bags/buckets/nets, and players are required to wear pinnies for team identification. Players are divided evenly into two teams and on the whistle the two teams compete to scoop more loose balls as a team, than the other (Variation #2A).
- This drill could also be done from one end to the other (full-floor), as another variation (Variation #2B). For experienced players, they may also be allowed to battle for loose balls during the drill (Variation #2C).
- Keep track of the highest team total, for either variation, throughout the course of the season.
*Most common error = Players not working hard