- Use the rag lines, or create an imaginary perimeter with pylons, having all other players stand around the outside, with 3 balls in play. Ask for 3 volunteers; the three volunteers start inside of the designated perimeter.
- *Variation #1 (7 min): "No Lobs." There are two rules: players’ feet must remain on the outside of the perimeter, and they have 5 seconds max to move the ball once they get it, otherwise they also become “monkeys.”
- Players on the outside pass the ball back and forth (must pass to players on opposite sides of the perimeter), and are allowed to move. If any of the “monkeys” picks off a pass or obtains a ball in any way, the last person to touch the ball is now in the middle too. This goes until there is one person left…the winner!
- *Variation #2 (7 min): "With Lobs." All rules are the same as above except a 2nd perimeter is set-up 5 metres back from the original perimeter; outside players must now stay in this designated area. (Draw Diagram).
- Lob passes are permitted and encouraged in this variation.
*Most common error = Outside players “telegraphing” or not "disguising" their passes