Games Drill #4: Cradling Relay (North-South)
- Create a lengthwise (north-south) pylon formation on both sides of the floor and arrange players into 2 lines of equal numbers.
- Variation #1 (5 min): "Weave." For beginners, have a relay race around the pylons, touching the far-end boards then sprinting back to the start, while cradling the ball with the best technique possible (See Cradling Drill #2).
- Roll or pass the ball to the next player in line; next player cannot go until the player ahead of them crosses goal-line-extended. Continue the drill until every player has gone (including goalies – sprint from one end to the other).
- Variation #2 (7 min): "Agility Relay." For more advanced players use a scattered obstacle course. Have players use various movements and other aspects of the game that could happen while cradling the ball (i.e. jumping, getting up off of the ground, physical contact, passing; vertical, diagonal, horizontal, and backward foot movements). (Draw Diagram).
- Losing team does push-ups, sit-ups, body weight squats, sprints, etc…
- Categories: Drillbook / Beginner / Games