Games Drill #9: Long Shot Game
- Start with two parallel lines on both sides of both creases in both ends of the floor; divide players evenly. Have one player at a time step into the crease at both ends of the floor.
- On the coaches whistle both players take a shot at the net in the other end of the floor, being careful to also get out of the way of the other players' shot (same goes for all other players standing beside the net).
- Players must not step onto any part of the crease while taking their shot or they are disqualified.
- Variation #1 (10-15 min): "Do or Die." All players that score on the shot remain, in a "do or die" format (sudden death).
- Variation #2 (5-10 min): "Teams." Same as the above variation except each end is playing against the other in games up to 5 or 10 goals. The advantage with this variation is players get multiple opportunities to shoot if they miss.
- Variation #3 (10-15 min): "In the Air." Same as the above variations except 1 or no bounces are permitted in order for it to count as a goal.
- Categories: Drillbook / Beginner / Games