- Start 5 metres away from the boards (or a wall) picking a spot to aim for, getting comfortable with the release point of the stick.
- Emphasis should be place on getting one’s body in front of the ball; that way if missed, the ball is still in front of the player to scoop up.
- *Variation #2 (4 min): "Pass High." Move to 2 metres away from the boards; pick a spot high (on the glass) and try to catch the ball directly (track success rate).
- *Variation #3 (2 min): "Face Away." Move to 10 metres back away from the boards. Have players then face away from the boards, passing the ball off of the glass, then turning and catching the ball across their body and over their shoulder.
- *Variation #4 (3 min): "Set-Shot." Starting 15 metres away from the boards, try shooting the ball at “the wall” with more power. Remember to start perpendicular to the boards, rotate hips/shoulders/trunk and snap wrists.
- *Variation # 5 (3 min): "Lob Pass." Same distance away as the above variation, except players throw an arcing lob pass, aiming for the middle of a specific pane of glass on the side or end-boards.
- *Variation #6 (2 min): "Quick Stick." Move to 2 metres away from the boards; pick a spot high on the glass/wall and try to catch it directly using the quick stick technique, passing it back seamlessly off the glass.
- See how many times players can hit the spot (see above) on the boards and how many times players can catch the ball directly off the wall in 20 passes (honour system).
*Most common error = Not using proper overhand technique