- Players start in the middle of the defensive zone, with a line of "lefty's" and a line of "righty's" on their proper-floor side, facing opposite side-boards; with the drill alternating from side-to-side each repetition through the drill.
- *Variation #1 (7 min): "Same-Side Pass." The first player ("the receiver") in each line rolls a ball off of the side-boards then breaks along the boards ("outside lane").
- After making eye contact with the passer, the receiver cuts off of the boards toward the middle as they receive an outlet pass for a breakaway shot on goal. The receiver stays in the opposite end of the floor after shooting, while the passer jumps back in line (receiving a ball from the player behind them); becoming the receiver after the other side takes their turn.
- Coaches (or volunteer defenders) can also stand in certain areas of the floor and force the pass.
- Variation #2 (10 min): "Game to 7." To add competition, play a game of lefty’s versus righty’s up to 7 goals, losing team does push-ups, sit-ups, body weight squats, sprints, etc.
- Variation #3 (7 min): "No Drops/No Misses Game." For every ball that is dropped and/or misses the net during the drill players will have to sprint from one side-board (or end-board) to the other. For every goal that is scored, one sprint is removed from the total, with goalies having to run if the players keep their sprint total at or below zero.
*Most common error = players leaving the outside lane too early (before "eye contact")